Human Resources Associate (HRA)
: Human Resources
: Upper Management
: West Loop, Chicago
This position requires a self-motivated professional that has a complete understanding of confidentiality to assist and support management in operating the business. This entry-level position reports directly to the Senior Management team. The HRA is responsible for supporting company operations through effective administration of the company’s recruitment procedures, new hire orientation, employee relations, benefits programs, workers compensation, general liability insurance support, and other company-wide Human Resources needs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee and manage the Human Resource function.
- Administer various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel according to established guidelines and policies.
- Develop, recommend, and implement personnel policies and procedures. Create and maintain an Employee Handbook.
- Be familiar with laws governing benefit plans, plan procedures and provisions, and related administration including payment of related invoices on a timely manner, enrolling employees when eligible, explaining plan provisions, answering general questions, and maintaining accurate records of plan participants.
- Assist with Annual Open Enrollment for health insurance and insurance renewals.
- Coordinate annual 401(k) information meeting for employees, conduct 401(k) enrollments throughout the year as needed, and assist employees during the year with general questions about the plan. Understand and be familiar with governing laws.
- Responsible for staffing and recruiting. Familiarity with governing laws is beneficial.
- Act as liaison for employees involved in on-the job injuries and motor vehicle accidents. Ensure appropriate care is given and records maintained.
- Maintain accurate records of absenteeism and propose corrective action when needed.
- Administer vacation plan including processing requests for time off, changing vacation dates (upon management approval), assist with updating the vacation policy.
- Coordinate holiday gifts of turkey and ham to employees, as well as employee parties and events.
- Establish and maintain accurate department records and reports.
- Participate in administrative staff meetings and attend other meetings with business partners.
- Look up parking ticket violations on a weekly basis.
- Responsible for HR compliance including, but not limited to: I-9 employment eligibility, Center for Medicare and Medicaid filing, Form 5500 filing, and Summary Annual Report distribution/posting, Employee Accident reporting, new hire reporting and HIPAA privacy.
- Maintain federal and state postings as required to comply with applicable laws.
- Establish excellent working relationships with employees and senior management.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field preferred.
- Knowledge of HR principles and federal/local regulations.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus.
- Exceptional project/personnel management skills
- Excellent ability to multi-task and prioritize in a busy, fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in all Microsoft applications is essential.
- Exhibit extraordinary discretion, maintain absolute confidentiality, demonstrate flexibility and willingness to work closely with senior management team.
We offer a comprehensive benefit plan including medical, dental, 401k, and paid vacation.